5 Gardening Hacks You’ll Really Dig
You know my little boy Kai loves to garden. In fact, he recently created a gardening club at his school. I’m so proud of him and his passion. He watches a lot of youtube videos on gardening hacks. Here are a few of his favorite, which I wrote about for PopSugar.com. To get more info: click here.
- Make your own fertilizer with banana peels, egg shells and coffee grounds.
2. Use vinegar to kill weeds.
3. Start seeds in citrus peels
4. Use a plastic bottle as a greenhouse.
5. Create a pest spray with garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and soap.
I volunteer with the club each week to help watch the kids and show them how to dig in the dirt, plant herbs and veggies and kill aphids. I love watching the kids taste new veggies for the first time like spinach, peppers and different types of herbs. Some like it, some don’t. But all that matters is that they tried it.
Check out some more of my garden DIY projects: