I recently recreated my first blog post ever for Momtastic.com. This was the beginning…it felt so long ago. I remember making this on the porch in the summer, sweating. I still shoot everything on my porch. Love the natural light. It’s just so dang hot out there. Ahhh….don’t you love summer in Florida?
I’m in love with this craft. It’s so easy. The original plants lived in their little pots for about a year in a half until Kai knocked them over and never put them back right side up. (Ahhh, don’t you just love little boys. LOL!)
Anyways. These are so simple to make. Click here for the complete how-to on Momtastic.com.
- Water bottles (I prefer these flat bottles from Whole Foods. They don’t have bumps and make the craft look cleaner)
- Craft paint
- Paint brush
- Masking tape
- Craft knife
- Water, soil, plant
- Cut the water bottle 1/3 of the way with your craft knife. Then trim the edges with the scissors.
- Hammer the nail into the bottle cap to create a hole by pulling out the nail.
- Wrap masking tape onto the top portion of your bottle. Then paint.
- Then thread a piece of string into the bottle cap’s hole.
- Then put water into the bottle and soil and plants in the top.
Craft project complete!