Gluten Free Brownie Recipe
My family has been avoiding gluten for a little over a year now for my son. His health and even behavior has improved greatly because it. I can’t expect him to be on this diet alone, so I’m on the gluten free ride with him.
I altered this gluten free brownie recipe that I found on food.com using Pamela’s Gluten Free Baking and Pancake Mix to fit my family’s needs. (I changed the type of sugar, added flax seed, substituted cacao for cocoa.) I don’t get paid by Pamela’s. (I wish I did.) I use this mix for everything: cookies, brownies, muffins, cupcakes, pancakes, a sauce thickener, everything! I love it. In fact, I’ve been using Pamela’s products for years even before Kai was even born. It has a lot of healthy stuff in there.
- 1 ¼ cup of Pamela’s Baking and Pancake Mix
- ¾ cups of date sugar (the original recipe asks for 1 cup of regular sugar. I find date sugar is less sweet and less processed.)
- 6 tbsp of cacao (I prefer this to cocoa because it has more fiber and it has living enzymes in it.)
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of ground flaxseed (you can’t get too much fiber)
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of gluten free vanilla extract
- ¾-1 cup of water (try¾ and add extra if you need it.)
- nuts (I love pecans. Some recipes ask for only ½ cup, I load them into my brownies.)
- ½ cup of chocolate chips. We use stevia dark chocolate chips when we bake. Kai always pours more than ½ cup in. I can’t stop him! Haha
- I also like to add a to-go size cup of apple sauce to any of my baking endeavors. I was just out today. It adds more fiber and if you’re a vegan you can substitute this for an egg, but I bet you already knew that.)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl.
Step 3: Blend in wet ingredients.
Step 4: Pour into a greased pan (or two). I did this because although Kai loves pecans, he decided that he didn’t want them in his brownies today. His loss.
Step 5: Bake for 25 minutes. Be careful not to over bake or your brownies will get crumbly.
Check out a few of my other healthy recipes:
Strawberry/Watermelon Mojito Smoothie
I can’t wait to try the recipe.