Recycled Self Watering Water Bottle Garden Craft
Water bottles, Scissors, Acrylic Paint, Paintbrush, Yarn, Nail, Hammer, Soil and plants/seeds, Glitter, Water, Needle, Painter’s tape
- Cut your water bottle at about the five-inch mark with scissors.
2. Wrap a piece of painter’s tape around the top part of the bottle and paint a solid color. Let dry.
3. Hammer a nail into the center of the bottle’s lid.
4. Using your needled thread 10-inch piece of yarn though the hole. Leave about five inches of yarn on both sides of the hole.
5. Fill the top half of your bottle with potting soil. Plant your seeds or cutting into the soil. I used cuttings from my favorite zigzag plant (Pedilanthus tithymaloides), which grows roots very easily. Fill the bottom half of the bottle with water. Add a dash of glitter just because. *Add more sparkle to your cutting by filling a glass with water and glitter. Then dip your plant into the water allowing the glitter to stick on to the plant. (Note: some of the glitter will fall off when the water dries.)
6. Water your planter once from the top until the water drains into the bottom half of the bottle. Continue to water this way each time your bottle needs more water.
Check out more planter ideas:
DIY Modern Family Flower Pot Craft