It’s back to school time! Kai has been in class for a week and a half. The stress of homework and getting to school on time is upon us. yay! I recently came up with these back-to-school hacks for cafemom.com that is sure to make your life a little bit easier.
Here are some of my favorites:
- DIY Daily Checklist: Use an old photo frame and dry erase markers to check off the day’s must-dos like brush teeth, homework, bath. It’s a good reminder for your little ones so you don’t have to keep repeating yourself.
- Ease Separation Anxiety: Draw a heart on your child’s hand. Anytime he is anxious, he’ll look at his hand to remember how much you love him.
- Locker Decor: First off, isn’t my niece Maggie so cute! I stole these photos of her from Instagram. Have your middle schoolers make inexpensive locker decor using clothes pins, magnets and washi tape!
- Homework Motivation: Use gummy bears, pennies or stickers to motivate your kiddos to do their homework. Place them all over the page. Once she completes that section, she gets the sticker or gets to eat the gummy bear.
- Weekly Clothes Organizer: Make clothes hanger organizers with thick card stock and eliminate the morning “I have nothing to wear” drama.
- New School DIY Trapper Keeper: Remember Trapper Keepers when you were a kid? Make your own by wrapping extra large rubber bands around a binder. Then slip in pencils, rulers, scissors. It actually works!