DIY Funfetti Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix Gift Jar with Free Printable Labels
In my house, pancakes are a weekend staple. Either Saturday or Sunday morning (or both!), I make them. Each time I pull one off of the griddle, Kai pops it in his mouth. I can’t flip them fast enough. Occasionally, I’ll pull out the sprinkles and we have a little “just because” party – and yes, dancing is often involved.
I’ve been teaching Kai about random acts of kindness lately. I thought, “Wouldn’t it be fun to give our friends a surprise treat so they can have their own weekend party.” So, I made a couple of jars of Funfetti Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix for some very special (and lucky) friends. Can’t wait to pass them out.
Materials You’ll Need:
- 1 quart smooth Mason jars (I purchased these at Target for $2.09.)
- 2” circle labels (OL5375WX) from Online Labels. *I used their Maestro Label Designer to make them. After a little while of playing with it, I was getting the hang of it. Tip: Use the bring forward or bring back tool. It makes layering items easy.
- 3.5” x 2.125” rectangle with round edge labels (OL3043WX) from Online Labels
- Bakers twine for decoration
- Free printable labels (click here to download pancake mix circle topper label template and here for the horizontal pancake mix label template and the vertical pancake mix label template.
Free Labels & Printables:
*Thanks to www.kevinandamanda.com for the free downloadable fonts.
Here is the Funfetti Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix recipe. Serves 8.
- 2 cups of sifted flour (If you’re looking for a gluten free version use Pamela’s Baking and Pancake Mix and skip the baking powder and salt.)
- 2 Tbsp of sugar
- 2 Tbsp of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of rainbow sprinkles (or more if you like)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 Tbsp of melted butter
Mix together the wet and dry ingredients. Pour. Brown. Flip. Eat. ENJOY! *Post sponsored by Onlinelabels.com