Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowl and Fruit Salad Recipe
I’ve had this idea for a while now and I finally had the chance to make it for Kai. He LOVES fruit salad. So, I thought wouldn’t it be fun to make him some of these.
He’s been completely gluten free for about a year and a half now and I just modified our regular gluten free cookie recipe and made them into a bowl form.
He loved them!! Gobbled them up in fact.
We are going to two birthday parties this weekend and normally he can’t eat any of the cakes and cupcakes they offer. I reminded him yesterday and he said, “That’s okay. I’ll just bring one of these fruit bowls and the other kids will get so jealous!” I love my healthy eater!!! xoxo
- 1 ¼ cup of Pamela’s Baking and Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup of honey (the original recipe asks for 1 cup of regular sugar. I usually use date sugar, but I was all out and I had honey in the pantry. It was a perfect sweetness. I think I may use honey from now on in my cookies.)
- 1 individual unsweetened organic applesauce to-go container
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of ground flaxseed (you can’t get too much fiber)
- 1 tsp of gluten free vanilla extract
- ½ cup of chocolate chips. We use stevia dark chocolate chips when we bake. Kai always pours more than ½ cup in. I can’t stop him! Haha
- Fruit salad with your favorite fruit or what you have in the fridge
Step 1: Make your favorite cookie recipe. If you make the one above, just throw all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
Step 2: Roll out your cookie dough. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Not like when you’re making Christmas sugar cookies.
Step 3: Use a spatula to scoop your dough in small sheets and place them on the bottom of a muffin tin.
Step 4: Bake them as you would a cookie. Check often so it doesn’t burn. Let the bowls cool completely before you remove them from the muffin tin.
Step 5: Make your favorite fruit salad. This one has oranges, blueberries, mint, strawberries, grapes and watermelon in it.
Step 6: Scoop your fruit salad into your bowls and serve immediately!
Here are some more tasty recipes for you to enjoy!